In order to provide students with the best experience possible, the International Office is looking for individuals interested in volunteering as facilitators for the three uOGlobal recognition workshops.
The uOGlobal recognition allows students to hone their international skills and develop the values needed of global citizens, key competencies sought by many employers today. Through hybrid learning modules, students will develop their abilities as experiential learners and gain networking skills in a setting where Canadian and international students will get to know one another and where they can interact with professionals in the humanities and STEM disciplines.
What’s in it for you as a uOGlobal facilitator?
- Formal recognition from the Centre for Organizational Development and Leadership of the training completed and your participation as a uOGlobal facilitator
- Participation in professional development activities
- Direct contribution to meeting the University’s internationalization and experiential learning objectives
- Opportunities to network with students who’ve had international experiences and hone your intercultural communication skills
What we’re looking for in uOGlobal facilitators
- Be available on September 10, 11 or 13 for a one-day training session on facilitation
- Be available for all three uOGlobal workshops (Saturdays September 22, 2018, November 17, 2018, and February 2, 2019 between 8:30 am and 2:30pm)
- Have an ability to build bridges between people and create opportunities to promote dialogue
- Have strong active listening skills
- Have the ability to act as a neutral party
- Have the ability to foster inclusiveness by animating small discussion groups
- Have a desire to learn more about the skills and values needed for global citizenship
- Have a good command of French or English
If you think you have what it takes to be a good facilitator and would like to get involved, please get in touch with Chantal Bolduc, uOGlobal project manager at the International Office, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 2, 2018.